MicroAire’s PAL® LipoSculptor™ is the only US-patented liposuction instrument using a reciprocating motion (rather than rotating) to facilitate the movement of the cannula within tissue. This innovation reduces the amount of manual force and physical effort required to perform lipoplasty, especially in areas with fibrous tissue. The result is a more comfortable experience for both the surgeon and the patient.
Unlike ultrasonic and laser lipoplasty devices, the PAL® LipoSculptor™ does not use heat, so there are no concerns for the accidental burning that can occur with other systems.
Comments from the inventor of PAL Liposuction, Professor Peter G. Mozsary M.D., PhD.
As a plastic surgeon specialised in the face and neck region, I have designed the PAL system according to the following principles:
- The cannula’s cutting opening is shorter than the motor generated excursion of the cannula. Subsequently the involved fatty tissue is completely removed, while the manual system always leaves behind partially detached fat particles resulting in scarring and uneven surface contours.
- Very small force is needed to advance the cannula, therefore the so important contour correction of the mandible and angle area is easy to accomplish.
- The cannula knows physics, so it will go in the direction of least resistance. It means that it avoids most of the connective tissue and covered neurovascular connections between the skin and the underlying tissues. The result is less postoperative hematoma, swelling and pain.
- I have been using 1.8 mm diameter cannulas for fat harvesting. The granule sizes are even and bloodless. Due to the small even size, the revascularization of the transplanted fat is more rapid and enhanced. In my cases, the procerus and nasolabial fold fillings are 80 percent retained after six months.
- I also use the PAL for undermining and developing the flap on the face and neck. It decreases the bleeding, the hematoma/seroma development and increases the blood supply to the flap. The results are longer lasting improvements, as long as the platisma and SMAS plication is correctly performed.
- I do not recommend the re-use of the cannulas more than two or three times. The cutting edges may become dull and compromise the above mentioned advantages.
- 2mm reciprocating stroke at 4000 cycles per minute
- Thumb-controlled speed throttle on handpiece
- Powered by a stand-alone electric console
- Special suction pumps are not necessary
- Autoclavable Instrument and electric cable
An ergonomic manual handpiece for sensitive areas such as the neck and back.
Compatible with all LipoSculptor™ cannulas.
To learn more about MicroAire's Aesthetic products, send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 0845 130 5866.